The main task of exe is to develop and maintain an economically sound and prosperous business. exe accepts responsibility wherever it can effectively manage its activities. We bear responsibility for the environment where we operate, for our employees, business partners and the public in general. Therefore, we have set out the following key principles:
- We commit to doing business according to the highest moral and ethical standards.
- We comply with the legal standards and regulations in force in the countries where we conduct business.
- We comply with the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and acknowledge our responsibility to observe these rights in relation to our employees and communities affected by our activities.
- We are open towards everyone affected by our business.
- We strive to ensure that our contractors, subcontractors, agents and partners all comply with the principles set out in this Code of Ethics when carrying out our projects.
exe’s Code of Ethics sets out the ethical rules that the company’s employees are to follow in their work processes and their operation anywhere in the world. We do not tolerate corruption, violation of fair competition rules, discrimination or harassment in any form. Conversely, we support ethical business practices, fair dealing with employees, diversity and equal opportunities.
For exe it is of utmost importance to have a relationship based on mutual respect and dignity with all its employees.
The working conditions offered to our employees have to meet the requirements of the national legal standards and regulations as well as the relevant conventions of the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
- We provide a safe and healthy working environment and strive for continuous improvement.
- We provide equal opportunities to people regardless of their race, skin colour, gender, nationality, religion, ethnicity or other distinct characteristics. We do not tolerate discrimination and harassment.
- We provide means to our employees and other persons associated with exe to express their legitimate concerns and complaints in a way that ensures their proper review and appropriate remedy without any sanctions.
- We provide to our employees training and education opportunities that support their present and future professional development plans.
- We do not employ any persons below the age of 15 or below a different, higher legal working age defined by a national law.
- We do not use forced or slave labour or any other forms of involuntary work at our workplaces. We do not allow any practices restricting the free movement of employees.
Conduct in our market
Corruption, bribery and unfair competition distort the market and thwart economic, social and democratic development. exe does not tolerate any of these practices.
- We will not act in contradiction to effective legislation on economic competition.
- We will not directly or indirectly offer or provide any payments or other rewards to any person or entity with the intention to motivate the person or entity to act in contraction to defined obligations in order to gain, maintain and/or control a business opportunity or to secure any other inappropriate advantage.
- We will not directly or indirectly require or accept any inappropriate payments or other rewards provided in order to motivate us to act in contraction to established obligations.
- We record in a responsible and accurate manner all financial transactions and keep accounts of them in accordance with exe’s locally adopted accounting policies and rules.
- Our IT technologies and processes contain control and security features that provide the required data protection level for our customers.
In exe we strongly believe that provision of IT services can significantly contribute to continuous improvement of the process known as sustainability of the world and the environment, and in line with this belief we apply a proactive mode at all levels with regard to environmental protection.
- We have been implementing organizational structures, management systems, training procedures and plans that guarantee compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and standards.
- In the spirit of continuous improvement, we include our employees, subcontractors and other stakeholders in our environmental management processes.
- Our goal is to continually improve evaluation of our projects, products and services in relation to environmental protection by actively seeking ways to reduce negative environmental impacts during the life cycle of our projects, products and services.